Validity date: 07.07.2022
The Children's Relief Bethlehem Association (hereinafter also referred to as "Children's Relief Bethlehem", "the responsible party", "we" or "us") processes your personal data, which is collected when you visit our website kinderhilfe-bethlehem.ch (hereinafter referred to as the "website") or in the course of providing our services and fulfilling the associated contractual obligations, in accordance with Swiss data protection law and the European General Data Protection Regulation, as amended (hereinafter referred to as "data protection legislation").
The protection of your personal data is very important to Children's Relief Bethlehem. With this data protection declaration, we would like to inform you about what personal data is collected and processed about you in connection with the use of our website or in the context of the provision of our services, for what purposes your personal data is processed, to whom it may be passed on and what your rights are in connection with the processing of your personal data by Children's Relief Bethlehem.
Personal data is any information that relates to a specific or identifiable person, e.g. surname, first name, address, e-mail, date of birth or telephone number.
The responsible party in terms of data protection legislation is the non-profit association Children's Relief Bethlehem with its registered office in Lucerne, unless otherwise stated in individual cases. If you have any data protection concerns, you can inform us of them at our office at the following contact address:
Children's Relief Bethlehem
E- Mail: email@example.com
Tel. +41 41 429 00 00
2. Data processing
3. Collection of personal data and purposes of data processing
3.1 Personal data automatically transmitted via the use of the website
Children's Relief Bethlehem collects and stores information that your browser automatically transmits to us in "server log files" when you visit our website. This personal data is collected automatically and includes, for example:
- IP address used (if necessary in anonymised, shortened form), date and time stamp, web browser and operating system used, language and version of the browser software, websites accessed, amount of personal data transferred in each case.
This personal data is not merged with other personal data and is stored separately from any other personal data transmitted by the user. They are deleted by us after a maximum of 90 days.
Children's Relief Bethlehem uses the personal data collected automatically to fulfil the following purposes:
- enable the display, operation and functionality of the website;
- ensure the stability and security of the system;
- to improve and protect our services;
- for statistical purposes in the event of attacks on the network infrastructure on which the website is provided.
3.2 Personal data that you provide to us
Children's Relief Bethlehem collects and processes personal data that the user voluntarily submits to us by means of an online form directly on the website, via our contact e-mail address, via any other applications linked to the website, by telephone or in any other way. This information includes, for example, the following personal data:
- Surnames, first names, postal addresses, e-mail address, telephone number, date of birth, gender.
The provision of this personal data is expressly on a voluntary basis. Without this personal data, however, we will not be able to provide the services requested by the user.
Children's Relief Bethlehem uses the personal data provided by the user to fulfil the following purposes:
- So that we can send you a newsletter you have subscribed to, answer your enquiries, process your donations or carry out your order for information material via the order form;
- to raise funds (fundraising);
- provide, maintain, protect and optimise the other services and information we offer;
- communicate with you and provide you with the best possible and personalised information you need from us (e.g. about our products and services)
- to offer you new services and information and, based on your profile, to suggest services and information tailored to you that may be of interest to you
- to comply with legal or other regulatory requirements and internal regulations
- for the establishment, exercise and/or defence of actual or potential legal claims, investigations or similar proceedings
- for other lawful purposes, if this processing results from the circumstances or was indicated at the time of collection
On our website you can easily and securely make a donation or process a payment via the internet. You can use debit or credit cards for this purpose. The certified e-payment platform of the Zurich-based company RaiseNow has been specially developed for non-profit organisations and relief organisations. RaiseNow meets all guidelines of the financial authorities and IT security standards and is PCI-DSS certified (Payment Card Industry Data Security-Standard). All transactions are transmitted securely via SSL. The data you provide in connection with your donation, i.e. the amount, the purpose of your donation and your address, is stored in our donation database.
If you make a donation via our website, we will inform you about ongoing projects of Children's Relief Bethlehem. Like all online providers, we collect user data in order to optimise our offer. We do not collect and store this information on a personal basis. We are therefore unable to trace which user has accessed which data. In particular, we do not collect any names, postal addresses, telephone numbers or e-mail addresses based on your visit to our website, nor do we collect any information about your personal interests or your donation behaviour.
4. Legal basis of data processing
The processing of personal data is based on the following legal bases:
- of your consent, only if it can be revoked at any time (e.g. when you sign up for our newsletter and other marketing communications);
- for the performance of a contract with you or for the intention to enter into a contract with you;
- to comply with a legal obligation (e.g. for tax reasons or for the purpose of judicial investigations or proceedings);
- to protect our legitimate interests (e.g. protection and security of our services, systems, assets; compliance with legal, regulatory and contractual obligations; assertion, exercise or defence of legal claims; maintenance and efficient organisation of business operations; improvement and development of our services; and sale and marketing of our services) .
- If the processing is based on your consent or our legitimate interests, you can withdraw consent or object to this processing at any time by contacting us directly. Please note, however, that the withdrawal of your consent does not affect the lawfulness of the processing based on the consent prior to its withdrawal.
5. Recipients of personal data
Children's Relief Bethlehem takes the necessary measures to ensure that only our authorised staff and auxiliaries who have the necessary knowledge have access to your personal data in order to fulfil the purposes for which your personal data was collected.
We may disclose your personal data to the following possible categories of recipients in accordance with the purposes and legal bases of processing described above, insofar as this is necessary for the intended data processing:
- Service providers who process personal data on behalf of and on the instructions of Children's Relief Bethlehem (so-called order processors, such as in the area of IT, hosting and support);
- To update your postal address, for example in the event of a move, your address data can be transmitted to Post AG. This helps us to avoid postal returns and reduces unnecessary postage costs. In this cooperation with the Post, the requirements of data protection are fully respected. You can find more information at: https://www.post.ch/de/kundencenter/onlinedienste/zopa/adresspflege-online/info;
- Other business partners and auxiliary persons (e.g. lawyers);
- authorities, official agencies, courts or other state institutions;
- social media;
- other parties in potential or actual legal proceedings;
We select our partners and order processors carefully and only use them if we have sufficient assurance that they have appropriate technical and organisational measures in place in accordance with the legal requirements. Our order processors can only process personal data on documented instructions from us. They are all subject to confidentiality requirements and may only use your personal data to the extent necessary to fulfil the purpose for which your personal data was collected, unless otherwise required by law.
6. Transfer of personal data to countries outside Switzerland
If data is transferred to countries that do not ensure an adequate level of protection, we ensure adequate data protection by taking appropriate safeguards, such as contractual safeguards (e.g. based on EU standard clauses adapted to Switzerland), based on binding corporate rules, the transfer of data in accordance with your explicit consent, for the conclusion or performance of a contract with you, or in connection with the establishment, exercise or enforcement of legal claims. For more information about our reasonable security measures, please contact us at the point of contact set out in para. 1 contact us at the contact point indicated in section.
7. Duration of the retention of personal data
We process and store your personal data for the duration of the business relationship and beyond in accordance with the statutory retention and documentation obligations. In this context, it is possible that personal data will be retained for the time during which claims can be asserted against our company (i.e. in particular during the statutory period of limitation) and insofar as we are otherwise legally obliged to do so or legitimate business interests require this (for example for evidence and documentation purposes). As soon as your personal data is no longer required for the above-mentioned purposes, it will be deactivated and no longer used. For operational data (for example, system logs, logs), shorter retention periods of twelve months or less generally apply.
8. Your rights
Within the framework of the data protection law applicable to you and to the extent provided for therein (such as in the case of the GDPR), you have the right to information, correction, deletion, restriction of data processing and the right to object to our data processing as well as to the surrender of certain personal data for the purpose of transfer to another body (so-called data portability). Please note, however, that we reserve the right to enforce the restrictions provided for by law, for example if we are obliged to retain or process certain data or need them to assert claims. If you incur costs, we will inform you in advance.
Upon written request to Children's Relief Bethlehem, we can inform you about the data we have stored about you. To do this, please send us your first name, surname and e-mail address as well as a copy of an official form of identification (ID, passport). This is necessary to prevent unauthorised persons from gaining access to your data.
They also have the right to enforce their claims in court or to file a complaint with the competent data protection authority. The competent data protection authority in Switzerland is the Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner (https://www.edoeb.admin.ch).
9.1 Categories of cookies we use
Depending on their function and purpose, the cookies we use can be divided into the following categories: functional cookies, performance cookies and advertising cookies.
- Functional cookies: These cookies serve a variety of purposes for the presentation, functionality and performance of a website and, in particular, to improve visitors' experience and enjoyment of the website. They allow a website to remember information already provided (e.g. username, location or language selection) and provide visitors with improved, more personalised functionality. Functional cookies are used, for example, to remember things like your login details.
- Performance cookies: These cookies are used to collect information about how a website is used - for example, how visitors came to our website, which pages a visitor opens most often, how you navigated our website during your visit and whether you receive error messages from a page. We may also use these cookies to provide us with certain statistical and analytical information, such as how many visitors have come to our website. These cookies are used to monitor the level of activity on the website and to improve the performance of the website.
- Advertising cookies allow us or a third party vendor to serve ads on our website or on third party websites with products that the user likes, so that the ads the user sees may be more relevant to the user's preferences or interests (sometimes called "targeting cookies"). They can also be used to evaluate the effectiveness of advertising and sales promotions.
These cookies may be placed by us or a third party on our behalf. For more information about cookies and their use, please visit: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/.
The legal basis for data processing (insofar as required under data protection legislation) results from your consent or our legitimate interest. Our legitimate interest is to ensure optimal functionality of our website, an optimised user experience and the ongoing development of our services.
You can configure your browser settings so that no cookies are stored on your computer. Complete deactivation of cookies may mean that you cannot use all the functions of our website.
9.2 Google Analytics and other third-party providers
We sometimes use Google Analytics or similar services on our websites. This is a service provided by third parties who may be located in any country in the world (in the case of Google Analytics, it is Google LLC in the USA, www.google.com), with which we can measure and evaluate the use of the website (non-personal and anonymised). Permanent cookies set by the service provider are also used for this purpose. The service provider does not receive any personal data from us (and does not retain any IP addresses), but can track your use of the website, combine this information with data from other websites that you have visited and which are also tracked by service providers, and use these findings for its own purposes (for example, controlling advertising). If you have registered with the service provider yourself, the service provider also knows you. The processing of your personal data by the service provider then takes place under the responsibility of the service provider in accordance with its data protection regulations. The service provider only informs us how our website is used. We do not receive any information about you personally.
We use offers from other providers on our websites and mobile applications. For example, videos are embedded via the Youtube platform. Content can be shared or recommended via Facebook, Twitter or Google+. If you click on an element of such a third-party provider (for example, "Like" plug-in from Facebook), a connection to the servers of this third-party provider may be established automatically. In doing so, data about your visit to the website may be transmitted to the third-party provider and possibly assigned to your user account there. Information on the collection and use of data by these platforms can be found in their data protection notices. There you also have the option of restricting the use of your personal data via the settings.
10. Secure data transmission
All data that you provide to us via our site, when ordering a newsletter or contacting us, is transmitted to us via a secure connection in encrypted form. The security procedure used (SSL Secure Sockets Layer) corresponds to the usual state of the art.
11. Liability for links
On our website we also set links to external offers that seem recommendable to us. We only do this if no misleading or illegal content was discernible on the linked pages at the time the link was created. However, we have no influence on the future design of these sites. Therefore, we cannot assume any responsibility for recommended pages that were changed after the link was set. The provider of the respective page is solely liable for illegal, incorrect or incomplete content and in particular for damages arising from the use of such information.
If you subscribe to one of our newsletters, we will only use your data for the delivery of our newsletter as described in the registration form. In order to register for our newsletter, it is sufficient for you to provide your e-mail address. The registration takes place in a so-called double opt-in procedure. After registration, you will receive an e-mail asking you to confirm your registration. This confirmation is necessary so that no one can register with other people's e-mail addresses. Registrations and changes to the newsletter subscription are logged and are therefore traceable.
If you provide further information about yourself when registering, we compare this with our own address database in order to optimise the topicality and quality of the addresses and thus our communication with you. Your newsletter data is treated as strictly confidential and is not passed on or sold to third parties. In close cooperation with our internet and newsletter service providers, we also ensure that your data is optimally protected against unauthorised access, loss, misuse or forgery.
The newsletter is sent using Mailchimp from Rocket Science Group LLC,
Furthermore, according to its own information, the dispatch service provider may use this data in pseudonymous form, i.e. without assigning it to a user, to optimise or improve its own services, e.g. to technically optimise the dispatch and presentation of the newsletter or for statistical purposes to determine which countries the recipients come from. However, the dispatch service provider does not use the data of our newsletter recipients to write to them itself or to pass it on to third parties.
The newsletters contain a so-called "web beacon", i.e. a pixel-sized file that is retrieved from the server of the dispatch service provider when the newsletter is opened. Within the scope of this retrieval, technical information, such as information on the browser and your system, as well as your IP address and the time of the retrieval are initially collected. This information is used for the technical improvement of the services based on the technical data or the target groups and their reading behaviour based on their retrieval locations (which can be determined with the help of the IP address) or the access times. Statistical surveys also include determining whether newsletters are opened, when they are opened and which links are clicked. For technical reasons, this information can be assigned to individual newsletter recipients. However, it is neither our intention nor that of the mailing service provider to observe individual users. The analyses serve us much more to recognise the reading habits of our users and to adapt our content to them or to send different content according to the interests of our users.